Sunday, February 5, 2012

Spring is here....When is the best time to set house plants outside?

You should condition them first by placing them outside, in a shaded area, then bring them in at night. After a week of this treatment, it's okay to place them out, as long as the night temps stay above fifty-five degrees.

Spring is here....When is the best time to set house plants outside?
It depends upon where you are located. Some areas stay warmer than others, even though its "spring". I'm in Texas, so we get spring pretty early.



My rule for setting plants outside is during weather of 70 degrees or warmer. If an errant cold front (predicting frost) happens to come back, I pull everything back inside temporarily or at the minimum, throw a sheet over the plants to shield them. I've only had to pull stuff back in once over the last few years. Just so happens it was last year and we had a cold front around Easter. I lost two angel trumpet trees that I forgot to cover.
Reply:When the overnight low temps do not go below 60 degress. Most plants can do well once it gets this warm.


No comments:

Post a Comment