Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Help with frozen bamboo plants?

Last month, my furnace went out in my house and froze my house plants. Two of my bamboo plants are still green and firm in spots. One is green at the bottom, the other at the top. The rest of each plant is brown and mushy. Any hope of saving them? Any ideas? Thanks!

Help with frozen bamboo plants?
I accidently froze bamboo too. And did manage a rescue of sorts. The ones that are green at the bottom, cut off the dead top. water and keep warm and it should grow new leaves and shoots.

The one that are dead at the bottom, cut off the green top and put in a vase of water to start new roots. (Two of my shoots have grown new roots, one had to be thrown away.)Throw away the brown mushy parts.



good luck
Reply:You might be able to salvage the ones that are green at the bottom. Just cut into the plant WITHIN the green area and remove the rest, put it in warmth and light, and hope for the best.


  • this works
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment