Monday, February 13, 2012

What is the best insecticide for house plants?

I've had this one large plant in my house for over a year now... and I just noticed there are centipieds, and meal worm type looking bugs in it... I almost threw up... I lugged the HUGE plant down 2 flights of stairs just to put the thing outside... I've found similar, but much smaller bugs in my other plants before... so, from now on I'd like to just spray my houseplants right when I buy them... so no bugs ever do develop!... Are there any safe insecticides out there that work well?

What is the best insecticide for house plants?
Buy a ready made up pyrethrum based spray. I'm afraid that even if you had everything sterile before bringing it in the house eventually bugs will find it, even in the cleanest environment.
Reply:My fav way to do it is taking them outside and hitting them with a good strong spray from the hose to knock everything that shouldn't be there off. Just make sure you do it well and get under leaves also. All natural and no harmful chemicals.


  • blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment