Tuesday, February 7, 2012

What can I do about mold in my potting soil where I plant my flowers in the house?

I have a marble planter with a copper insole in it.

I put my house plants in it and now there is mold

or something on top of the soil and it looks worse

everytime I water them. What do I do?

What can I do about mold in my potting soil where I plant my flowers in the house?
Try mixing water and LEMON dish detergent in a spray bottle ( about 5 TBS./QT. ) and mist both the plant leafs and soil. this control both bugs on the leafs and soil mold (whiteish).

Scrap off the existing mold before misting and apply 2 times a week. This will also let you cut back on your watering schedule and on the amount of water you have been giving the plant.
Reply:What the mold generally means is that you are over watering your plants. Try taking the copper insole out, and see if that makes a difference. Try using broken up pieces of a pot, or something else in the bottom. That may help as well.

buckles

No comments:

Post a Comment